Saturday, April 20, 2013

I wanted to share with you something that blew my mind this week. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw it, and I'm so glad I snapped a picture of it while I was there (even if it was only with my cell phone). My mom has been going through my grandparents' belongings for months, searching for treasures and passing them on to family and friends. While she was emptying the shed one day, she found this giant piece of wood that had been her art project in college. Inspired by looking up at the wood grain on her bunk bed at night and remembering being able to see patterns and pictures in the grain, she decided to buy a piece of wood and paint the pictures she saw so that everyone could see them. I was amazed at this idea. So creative, so simple. I am definitely going to try this with my kids when we get back home (and I want to try it, too!). So inspired by my amazing, artistic Mom!


(See if you can find the black cat, duck, giraffe, swan, devil, fire, man, bat, and deer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment