Monday, August 12, 2013

Map Contest Overload

I just completed my first attempt at one of the Map Challenges I discovered from Ken Jennings' book Maphead. And by completed, I mean guessed, fudged, assumed, estimated, and guessed some more. That was SO much harder than I expected! You know it's bad when they give you instructions and you have to use Google Maps to figure out where in the world that highway/county/etc even is because you can't find it on the map, then you finally find it and the question asks which of these four places you see and you don't see any of the four choices they have listed. <sigh>  I had to work the questions backwards and forwards and read and re-read and re-read the questions again.

I'm really curious to see how I did, and I won't have to wait too long because the entries must be postmarked today and the answers will be posted online tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that I at least got the ones right that I thought I did correctly. There is definitely a learning curve with these contests so hopefully I'll get better each time. Right now my eyes hurt and my head hurts, but I had fun doing it. The next contest is in the Winter and it's the big one!

The summer time challenge is called The Independence Day Fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment